Leading a healthy life and avoiding a sedentary lifestyle and excesses can reduce the risk of suffering from neurodegenerative diseases.
We know that there are certain health practices that can help us take care of our brains. That is why today we will talk about 5 tips to keep your brain healthy.
- Perform activities that stimulate brain activity and keep you mentally active, such as reading, writing, memorizing phone numbers, participating in board games, doing manual activities, completing crosswords, learning and practicing a new language, etc. These activities will help you exercise your brain.
- Strengthen social and emotional relationships by avoiding lack of communication, social isolation and stress. Another fundamental part of brain health has to do with social relationships. It is necessary to leave home and stay socially active. Talking with people and being up to date helps to have a young brain. We must try to spend time with our loved ones and maintain contact and relationship with friends and neighbors. Participating in associations, clubs or volunteering can also help establish new relationships.
- Make a balanced diet. Food influences numerous aspects of health. The keys to a healthy diet is that it is varied - with foods from different groups of the nutritional pyramid; that is balanced -do not consume an excess food that reduces the intake of another-; eat moderate amounts; ingest between 1.5 and 2 liters of water; follow a regular meal schedule and make five meals a day.
- Lead healthy lifestyle habits. Do not consume alcohol, tobacco or drugs and try to sleep at least 8 hours a day.
- Exercise every day. Adopt a simple routine every day, such as going for a quick walk for 30 minutes, going to the gym, playing sports or doing an exercise table in the park. If your pace of life forces you to go up and down, you can do it walking and take advantage of these movements to invest in your health. Housework, dancing or playing with children.
And remember to watch those diseases like obesity, cholesterol, and diabetes by. For this, it is advisable to follow a balanced diet and perform relevant and frequent medical check-ups.
If you want to know more and take preventive appointments. Feel free to contact us at (786) 871 6854 or write to us for more help. Visit us at www.jvaleriomd.com to get more information about the location of our clinics in Miami. We are always available to help.